Friday, February 18, 2011

Silks, Scents and Songbirds

In the world of choral singing, the emphasis is on the notes, the Latin, the Italian, (oh, the "dental T"!) or German, and don't forget the French, mon dieu!  You are preoccupied with the leaps, the time signature, phrasing, breathing in just the right spot! So why would I write about Silk scarves, songbirds, and shampoos? Because it all helps us perform better if we feel better. 

Natural products that will not irritate fellow singer's throats do exist (lads, we all know you can be the culprit!), you can find comfortable, natural fiber, black concert clothing and, elegant jewellery, free of distracting bling!

My mission is to help you perform in comfort and ease, knowing you look and feel as good as you sound. Here's a preview of products I have personally tested to help you do just that. 

Colorful accents for Concert Apparel-Pure Silk Scarves- from The Silk Bedroom-


The Songbird Suite (necklace shown) by Birdland Creations

Custom made Cufflinks by Glen Ellen Artisan jeweler, Birdland Creations
I hope to develop the Choir Wire with your comments as an online resource to help you  SING, PERFORM and CONNECT with other lovers of vocal music!

 In Health and Harmony,




Jo

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading your entries here, and I am very interested in your suggestions of unscented products that will not interfere with performance and practice of my music. Also, it is so true that I feel better when I look nice and have beautiful smooth fabrics on. I'm not sure how to subscribe, but I will check in time to time to read this blog. Great information, Jo!

    ReplyDelete